Monday, August 19, 2013
Cooked by Michael Pollan (2013)
I like Michael Pollan. I have seen him on television, heard him on the radio, agree with most of what he writes and thinks and says. But Cooked I just couldn't get into. Mostly, for some books, for some kinds of books, I have to be in a certain frame of mind. That frame of mind didn't exist for me with Cooked right now. Maybe I will come back to it. When I'm feeling more slow food-ish, organic-ish, simplicity-ish. For now, all I kept thinking about as I read it was "I'm going to feel guilty for something as I read this, and I don't want to feel that way right now." Frame of mind.
Posted by Shawn
- ► 2017 (66)
- ► 2016 (133)
- ► 2015 (113)
- ► 2014 (141)
- Jumping Off the Planet by David Gerrold (2000)
- Gladiators by Michael Grant (1967)
- Heirs and Graces by Rhys Bowen (2013)
- The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie (1924...
- That Is Not A Good Idea by Mo Willems (2013)
- Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley and Me...
- Cooked by Michael Pollan (2013)
- Xenophobe's Guide to the Italians by Martin Solly ...
- THE WORLD IS TOO MUCH WITH US; LATE AND SOON (1806...
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweil...
- Full Service by Scotty Bowers (2012)
- King Cnut the Great
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (2...
- O Pioneers! by Willa Cather (1913)
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth by Carol Felsenthal (198...
- Berlin Diary by William L. Shirer (1941)
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (166)
- ► 2010 (126)