Monday, August 26, 2013

Heirs and Graces by Rhys Bowen (2013)

Another madcap murderous romp with Lady Georgie.  I love this series so much.  In an earlier post about an Agatha Christie book, The Man in the Brown Suit, I pointed out how much I thought Rhys Bowen's screwball-ish characters could fit nicely into that particular book (and probably many others).  Bowen certain worships at the feet of the goddess of detective novels, but her style is still definitely her own.  Bowen isn't some cheap knockoff of Dame Agatha. More like a descendant.  Each and every Royal Spyness mystery was incredibly difficult to put down and once I started, I couldn't stop.  The plot - the whodunnit - were extra good in this particular round.  This one had everyone EXCEPT the evil Mrs. Simpson - when is she going to return?


Heirs and Graces (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #7)Heirs and Graces by Rhys Bowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another delightful, screwbally madcap romp with Lady Georgie.  One of my favorite series; I had much trouble putting this down once I started it.  A great whodunnit (a complete surprise, at least to me), fascinating characters (the Starlings, I hope, will return; I also love the two old royal aunts, who need a book of their own).  Everyone I loved from past books in the series was on hand in one way or another - except the deliciously wicked Mrs. Simpson - she always completes a Royal Spyness mystery, and a book in the series without her always lacks one star from the top.  This is one of the best cozy (and historical) mystery series going right now!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers