Friday, August 16, 2013

Xenophobe's Guide to the Italians by Martin Solly (2011)

Obviously meant to be taken with a large grain of salt, but I'm sure there are black and white individuals out there who would cry foul and say "Not every Italian acts like this" and ramble boringly on about stereotypes.

Interesting, not life changing.  I did not read this before going to Italy, and I'm not sorry for that fact, because I got to the chance to form my own opinions about Italy and her folk.  And if we do indeed go back next year, I imagine nothing I read will actually stick.  A pleasant diversion, nothing more or less.


The Xenophobes Guide to the ItaliansThe Xenophobes Guide to the Italians by Anne Taute
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Best taken with a large grain of salt, it's a pleasant diversion, nothing more and nothing less.  Of course, the whole point of the book is to stereotype, and if one picked it up thinking something different, one is a f***wit.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers