"In theater, opera is the purest musical form. Which is to say that the music comes first, and you make allowances for everything else."
"The traditional emotional trajectory of the American musical can be seen in any Astaire-Rogers picture: they talk; and then, when they reach an emotional point beyond speech, they sing; and then, when they reach an emotional point beyond song, they dance."
- ► 2016 (133)
- ► 2015 (113)
- ► 2014 (141)
- Make Good Art by Neil Gaiman (2013)
- Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World : Volume 2 by Bryan Le...
- A Most Remarkable Fella: Frank Loesser and the Gu...
- Catherine, Called Birdy by Karen Cushman (1994)
- The Last Lion: Winston Spencer Churchill: Visions ...
- Broadway Babies Say Goodnight by Mark Steyn (2000)...
- True Love
- Two Ships Passing
- The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory (2011)
- Neil Gaiman: Why our future depends on libraries, ...
- Scott Pilgrim: Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O...
- VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 p.m to Lose Weight and ...
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (1939)
- Over and Under the Snow by Kate Messner ; with art...
- A Billion for Boris by Mary Rodgers (1974)
- One Reason I Like Opera by Marge Piercy (2003)
- Wolves by Emily Gravett (2005)
- Monkey and Me by Emily Gravett (2007)
- Disturb Us Lord
- Orange Pear Apple Beaer by Emily Gravett (2005)
- Church musings: Mark 2:13-20
- Freaky Friday by Mary Rodgers (1972)
- The Little Yellow Leaf by Carin Berger (2008)
- Snobs by Julian Fellowes (2004)
- ▼ October (25)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (166)
- ► 2010 (126)