Monday, February 3, 2014

Mr. Wuffles by David Wiesner (2013)

I went into this one thinking I wasn't going to like it - I was totally wrong! I loved it!

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" seems to be the message here.  Was there also something about how religions begin?  That seemed to be how it ended.

A wordless story, but really really detailed and intricate - there is a lot going on here,and all of it interesting and good.

I was reminded of The Witch's Button by Ruth Chew, only superficially.

David Wiesner is a fantastic storyteller.  Loved this!

Mr. Wuffles!Mr. Wuffles! by David Wiesner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For a book with no words, Mr. Wuffles is rich and complex storytelling.  Without going into too much detail, this is a science fiction romp, a cat-lover's dream book, and has a not so subtle message about working together against a common enemy ("the enemy of my enemy is my friend").  You'll get sucked in right away.  Great fun!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers