Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt (2006)

I don't know why I even ever try to read books like this.  I never, ever make it all the way through.  I always start off going Yeah, and MMM, and deeply thinking, and midway through, lose interest.  Books like this make better magazine articles for me.  Like this would have made a nice article in Men's Health.  I think Dear Prudence from Slate recommended this book.  I'm not going to dwell too long on it.  

The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient WisdomThe Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom by Jonathan Haidt


I don't even know why I pick up books like this.  I always get about half way through and lose interest.  This isn't badly written or badly though out - I think I'm just bad at reading self help books and pop psychology.  What I read (I made it half way through) felt a wee bit like a text book to me though.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers