Thursday, April 24, 2014

Grandpa Green by Lane Smith (2011)

Ah man, this one made me tear up.    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.  I love a book that makes me cry.  If you are like me, or know me pretty well, then you know exactly which page made me choke up.

That's a good kind of book.

The illustrations are lush and lavish.  And luxe - the book feels abundant and alive.   Ebullient.  Halcyon.  Nostalgic.  And then, finally, wistful.

A great gift for a gardener, that's for sure.

Grandpa GreenGrandpa Green by Lane Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lush illustrations and a sweet, wistful story that resonates long after you put the book down. There is one page in which I literally choked up and tears filled my eyes.  I love a book that makes you cry!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers