Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Tillie Lays an Egg by Terry Golson; with photographs by Ben Fink (2009)

I love chickens.  They always look so sassy.  Or mean.  They are the Mean Girls of the barnyard.

I don't remember any chickens in Charlotte's Web, which I would say is the most famous barnyard stories.  A goose, a rat... a pig and a spider (of course).  The sheep were the Mean Girls of that book.  But no chickens that I recall.  Interesting.

Tillie Lays an Egg isn't the best book of all time, or the best book I've read in the last week.  But I like chickens, and it's photographs of chickens, and Tillie is a sneaky attitudinal chicken. So it's pretty good.

Tillie Lays An EggTillie Lays An Egg by Terry Golson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The story - in photographs - of a sassy, attitudinal chicken.  There's not much more to be said, except if you like chickens (I do!) then you'll enjoy this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers