You know what I love? When books aren’t used to sell stuff. Bleh. I was already ambivalent about this conversation between a doll to her girl? A girl to her doll? And then I read this on the back cover: “She is the founder of Petit Collage, a line of modern kids’ wall décor and accessories. Lorena and her products…” So essentially, this book is a product. And while I know in my heart of hearts that all books are merely products, I guess I my idealistic fairy land of a world, I want a book to be about art first and products second. I guess I can’t always have it my way, but I certainly don’t have to like it.
- ► 2017 (93)
- ► 2016 (133)
- ► 2015 (113)
- My Real Children by Jo Walton (2014)
- These Things Happen by Richard Kramer (2012)
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman (2002)
- Strangers: Homosexual Love in the 19th Century by...
- Frog Went A Courtin' by John Langstaff; pictures b...
- The Winds of War by Herman Wouk (1971)
- Paul Thurlby's Wildlife by Paul Thurlby (2013)
- I Have Heard of a Land by Joyce Carol Thomas; illu...
- A Real Prince is Hard to Find: A Modern Fairy Tale...
- The Bear's Song by Benjamin Chaud (2013)
- Fictitious Dishes by Dinah Fried (2014)
- Queen Anne: The Politics of Passion by Anne Somers...
- Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins; illustra...
- Kings and Queens by Eleanor and Herbert Farjeon; d...
- Dream Animals: A Bedtime Journey by Emily Winfield...
- Henry’s Hand by Ross MacDonald (2013)
- Rules of Summer by Shaun Tan (2013)
- Hand Book by Jeff Newman (2011)
- Bully by Laura Vaccaro Seeger (2013)
- You Know what I love? By Lorena Siminovich (2013)
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster (1961)
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (19...
- ▼ July (22)
- ► 2013 (219)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (166)
- ► 2010 (126)