Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Expats by Chris Pavone (2012)

The ExpatsThe Expats by Chris Pavone
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This isn't usually my kind of book - modern international thriller; not usually my cup of tea (historical whodunnits and cozies are more my style).  So I was pleasantly surprised to find myself eagerly wanting to return to this book.  I wasn't exactly on the edge of my seat, but it is an engrossing mystery.   It's actually kind of hard to write this without giving too much away, and part of the fun of the book is the mystery and the build up to almost Poirot-esque reckoning at the end.  There is much housewifery angst and worry between the action, and that was annoying as hell.  Skim it until you get to the good parts.  The non-linear story line also drove me nuts.  Just keep telling yourself that all of this is worth it because at the end it's a damn good mystery.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers