Wednesday, September 17, 2014
When I Was A Child I Read Books by Marilynne Robinson (2012)
This was limestone writing, layered and thoughtful, and hard, and if I had the time and patience for a deep reading, I could have carefully deconstructed it to find gems and fossils. But my life of reading isn't divided into chunks of quiet time; it's unfortunately more like bits and pieces of time to read here, there, and everywhere, without a whole lot of time for careful thought or rumination or analysis. I wish my life were ordered differently, but it's not. And I have the attention span of a gnat.
Posted by Shawn
- ► 2017 (66)
- ► 2016 (133)
- ► 2015 (113)
- Howards End by E.M. Forster (1910)
- Queen of Hearts by Rhys Bowen (2014)
- Daisy Princess of Pless by Herself (1929)
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (1859)
- When I Was A Child I Read Books by Marilynne Robin...
- The Anglo-Saxon World: An Anthology translated by ...
- The Marlborough House Set by Anita Leslie (1972)
- "Should Literature Be Considered Useful?" New York...
- Philomena: A Mother, Her Son, and a Fifty-Year Sea...
- ▼ September (9)
- ► 2013 (219)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (166)
- ► 2010 (126)