Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (1950)

I don't want to be bitchy about the Chronicles of Narnia.  Yes, the world C.S. Lewis built sort of sucks compared to Middle-earth (Didn't Tolkien say that).  Yes, the Christian allegory could be annoying - although I like puzzles, and consider the Christian imagery and allegory sort of interesting, particularly as an adult.

I love Narnia.  Re-reading The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, I once again felt the branches against my face as Lucy made her way through the back of the wardrobe, nearly smelled the snow and pine trees, could hear the snow falling in the woods.   Narnia made me love reading.

It's a great Christmas book - the snow, the appearance by Father Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers