Friday, July 17, 2015
The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks (2015)
I've tried to read the last two Geraldine Brooks novels - Caleb's Crossing (2011) and this year's The Secret Chord (I was given an advanced reader's copy) and I just couldn't get into either of them. I loved March (2004) and Year of Wonders (2001) and apparently enjoyed People of the Book (2008) at least according to my Goodreads account (this was before I kept this blog). But the last two have just left me feeling flat. I couldn't finish either of them; I think I barely got two chapters into either. (don't hassle me: there are TOO MANY good books out there waiting to be read to waste my time on something I can't get into or don't enjoy). Perhaps my tastes have changed.
Posted by Shawn
- ► 2017 (83)
- ► 2016 (133)
- The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie (193...
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer (2013)
- The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks (2015)
- Little House, Long Shadow: Laura Ingalls Wilder Im...
- The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell (2014)
- Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder...
- Presidential Wives: An Anecdotal History by Paul F...
- A Hole is to Dig: A First Book of First Definition...
- The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder (1943)
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2014 (141)
- ► 2013 (219)
- ► 2012 (175)
- ► 2011 (166)
- ► 2010 (126)