Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Three Little Pigs by James Marshall (1989)

James Marshall went whole hog here - no Disneyfication here.  The first two pigs get eaten by the Big Bad Wolf, and the Brick House Pig eats the wolf at the end.  What kind of meal would that be?  Wolf doesn't sound appealing at all.  I guess who can account for the taste of pigs.  I like fairy tales and folklore of all sorts, without sugarcoating.  

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I'm not hog wild about this version of the three little pigs (I'm not a huge fan of James Marshall's art), but I liked it.  I will say this, Marshall went whole hog here - no Disneyfication here.  Pigs are eaten.  The wolf is eaten!  I'm not a picky eater - but wolf?  Yuck.  I guess who can account for the taste of pigs.  No sugarcoating here!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers