Monday, December 14, 2015

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (1998)

Fun fact:  My personal copy of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is the U.K. edition.  Remember those first Harry Potters that weren't released internationally all the same time; Brits got their Potters before the Americans.  I was so anxious and excited to read Chamber that I ordered the U.K. edition.  Sans illustrations, it's also has cheap binding (a page fell out in fact).

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Like Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, I've probably read Chamber at least seven times (one of which was probably a listen) but I don't actually recall the last time I read it. For some reason, I've had it in my head for years that Chamber isn't a very good book. I think, though, I was confusing the book with the (mediocre) movie. Chamber the book was really good, surprisingly so, considering my disdain. It is even better than Sorcerer's Stone; to me, Chamber explains why the series became a phenomenon. Stone alone was a spark, but couldn't have created Potter-mania; it's Chamber as a superior book that started the furor.


View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers