Monday, December 14, 2015

Julia, Child by Kyo Maclear; illustrated by Julie Morstad (2014)

I completely don't understand this book.  At all.  

Thinking about the people and things I refer to as "twee," I guess it's not a state of being I particularly care for and this book is so twee.  It's twee X twelve.  It's twee-noyingly twee.  There is a little sticker on the front of my (library) copy that says "Canada Council for the Arts Governor General's Literary Awards Finalist GG."  I think that's an award for overtly and in your face twee.

I generally like reading about Julia Child; I think she was a fascinating figure from cultural history.  

Not this time though.  The pictures I guess are what make it so irritating (twee-ritating?) because the story is really kind of dull, and didn't really make much sense.  


My rating: 1 of 5 stars
Twee isn't my thing, and this is twee to the twee'th degree. Too twee. Way too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers