Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Crown of Dalemark by Diana Wynne Jones (1993)

I think this one should have percolated a bit longer in Diana Wynne Jones's head.  Or perhaps it percolated too long?  Regardless, not all of this made sense, and it certainly isn't my favorite book she's ever written.   What I did think she captured well was Mitt; often authors write lower class characters from a middle class point of view; Mitt's acts and reacts in a believable way of someone from his socio-economic class.  I don't think I need to read this one again.

The Crown of Dalemark (The Dalemark Quartet, #4)The Crown of Dalemark by Diana Wynne Jones
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Unlike the first three books in this series of four, I didn't think this one worked quite a well. It still has the quirky charm of a DWJ book, but the plot zig-zagged all over the place, and not everything made complete sense. This maybe needed to percolate a bit longer in DWJ's head (or perhaps it percolated too long). I think reading and then re-reading the first three would definitely make this one easier going, but only just.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers