Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Lines Composed a Few Miles above Tintern Abbey, on Revisiting the Banks of the Wye During a Tour, July 13, 1798 by William Wordsworth

I'm still listening to a poem a day!   I listened to "Tintern Abbey" here.

This was the longest poem I've listened to yet - nearly 8 minutes, but it was really quite beautiful.  I have to admit - I looked up some information on the poem after I listened to it because I didn't understand all of it. According to Shmoop, "is about the ways we change over time, and the ways we try to figure out just when  and how and why we've changed."  I don't think I could say it any better.

Like the other poem I listened to him by him, I liked this one because it was about a city dweller who used the memory of nature in the past to get through some tough times and survive the tough city.  That's cool.

"While here I stand, not only with the sense
Of present pleasure, but with the pleasing thoughts
That in this moment  there is life and food
For future years."

Everything awesome and beautiful and wonderful in life is that indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers