Monday, December 19, 2016

Lord Edgware Dies by Agatha Christie (1933)

Original UK Cover
My copy is called Thirteen at Dinner - it's part of a larger omnibus that includes "five complete Hercule Poirot" novels.  I'm not exactly sure why the title was changed.  The dinner is important, but the fact that thirteen are at the dinner is really a small plot point.

The "Hastings" books are never my favorite Agatha Christie's, and this is no exception. It's a bit too much like Sherlock Holmes and Watson for my taste; I prefer Poirot on his own, or with Mrs. Oliver.

To be honest, this was sort of a throw away mystery.  It wasn't horrible, but it was not the most gripping book either.  Still, it kept me guessing until the very end, so that counts for something.

Lord Edgware Dies (Hercule Poirot, #9)Lord Edgware Dies by Agatha Christie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Neither the best or worst of Dame Agatha. But she definitely keeps you guessing to the end.


View all my reviews


The covers from various editions are always fun.

What the hell is that mask?  Looks like a Nancy Drew cover.

What a weird cover.

What's up with the conductor's baton?  Or chopsticks?  Or is that the murder weapon?

Jane Wilkinson!

This scary as hell.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers